Receive the latest online casino offers from top Canadian casinos. Signup and stay ahead of the game!
What Are Live Casinos?
Live dealer casinos are a brand of virtual gaming sites that offer roulette, blackjack, baccarat, poker, and game shows hosted by professional dealers. Live casino sites online are popular since they give players an even more immersive experience. Players are able to enjoy everything from the comfort of their homes and experience the social element found in brick and mortar casinos thanks to the chat feature that is included. Everything is streamed in real-time HD to your PC or mobile device with multiple camera angles so you never miss any of the action. Bets are placed, wheels are spun, cards are dealt, and you win or lose just as you would if you visited Vegas or any other land-based establishment.
How we Rate the Best Live Casino Sites
Our job is to find you the best online live dealer casino sites to play. We do this meticulously, ensuring we separate the best from the rest. Our seasoned experts have different features that they look at. In this section, we take you through our checks to let you know what we look at when reviewing casinos in 2023:
- Licensing - What license a casino holds is one of the first things we check. We will tell you what we think about the license. We only recommend operators that are fully licensed and regulated as this ensures player safety and trust.
- Operator Reputation - Casinos have to maintain a reputation among online players. We seek to find out what players think about the operator and what the platform is known for. This way, we know we are introducing you to brands with a good reputation.
- Security and Safety - Part of our job is finding sites that guarantee your safety when you play. This involves checking what encryption you get at sites we review, as well as banking security. We look for the latest SSL encryption technology.
- Games - The games catalog is a defining factor that we are always excited to check out. We check the range of games and categories of games you can play. We also inspect the software providers. Our all recommended Top10 sites offer a wide range of slots, roulette, blackjack, video poker, and live dealer games.
- Banking Options - We check the payment methods available to see how you can top up your account and cashout your winnings. Our professional team will also find you a site with payment modes tailored to your region. We also check processing time and tell you how quickly you can access your winnings.
- Ease of Use - We check the player interface to see how easy it is to navigate and find the games you want to play. We also look at how easy it is to access the cashier system on both mobile and desktop to ensure your enjoyment is never compromised.
- Bonuses - Promotional rewards are a big part of online wagering. We check what bonuses are available for both new and regular players. We look for no deposit codes, free spins, reloads, cashback, and more. We also check the wagering requirements and ensure that all the terms are fair.
- Jackpots - Every gambler thinks of the prospect of winning millions. We look at the jackpots available including progressive jackpots where you can instantly become a millionaire.
- Mobile Compatibility - Playing on mobile is one of the ways to enjoy the best online casinos in 2023. We check all operators for mobile optimization whether this is via a no download instant play platform or dedicated iOS and Android apps that you can downland. We also look at the number of games available for mobile players too.
- Customer Support - How does the site cater to players when they come across issues? We check for 24/7 support via live chat and email. We also test the customer support using the available channels and assess the promptness and knowledge of the staff.
Live Casino Games to Play for Real Money
Live games are the ultimate fun for bettors who like table games. You get to play with players from all over the world and of course interact with them. There are a range of options including multiple variants of roulette, blackjack, baccarat, poker, and even popular games shows. Below we detail more about the different categories and what you can expect in terms of betting limits.
Live blackjack is arguably the most played game at all the best online live dealer casino sites for Canadian players. A fast-paced game with dealers to keep the table fun. There are several different versions of blackjack to try out. Some of the most played versions include; Multi-Hand, Atlantic City, Double Exposure and Blackjack Switch. These tables offer a wide range of betting options and limits. These start at $5 and can go up to $2,500. As such, you have blackjack tables for the casual low stakes punter and the high roller.
Royal Vegas is Best for Live Blackjack
Royal Vegas is a vibrant online casino with a sophisticated look. They offer over 10 different blackjack variants. You'll find titles from some of the best live dealer software providers, such as Evolution Gaming and Playtech. Here the wagering limits are quite accommodating. You can play at tables with limits starting from $15 to $1,500. There is always a table open for you. Alternatively, you can also bet behind a player at the table to be part of the action at Royal Vegas.
Roulette is yet another of the staples at the best live dealer online casinos in Canada. The game comes in different versions that you can always try out for real money. The wagering limits are flexible, catering to both high rollers and casual punters. You can play with a minimum wager of $5. This goes up to $5,000 since the maximum wager amount is usually set at X1,000, the minimum bet. Popular variants found at many of our top live sites include Lightning Roulette, Immersive Roulette, First Person Roulette, as well as both the American and European alternatives.
Spin the Wheel on the Best Roulette Games at Spin Casino
Spin boasts a flashy interface with easy use and responsive navigation. Here you get all the roulette versions you could ask for. Players have games like French, American, European, Auto, Immersive, and Lightning Roulette. You have a total of 8 types of roulette games to play for real money. The wagering limits at SpinCasino start at $2 and go up to $2,000.
Baccarat is among the first tables most players will try out. The game is fast-paced and keeps things exciting. there are multiple variants available including First Person baccarat, Punto Banco, Chemin De Fer and many other unique versions from different game providers. The wagering limits start at $3 and rise to $1,500.
For Top Baccarat Tables Choose Jackpot City
JackpotCity is our top choice for live baccarat. You get 7 different versions of the game, including classics like Punto Banco and newer ones like First Person Baccarat. The wagering limits at Casino Jackpot City start at $3, with the higher-roller versions set to a maximum of $1,500.
Poker games are always popular and with live dealer poker you get to enjoy the ambiance as well as the card-flipping action. The best online live dealer casino sites for Canadian players offer a range of poker variants. You get some notable versions High Low, 5-Card Draw, and Texas Hold' Em. The wagering limits start at $3, going up to $500.
Play Real Money Poker at 888
888 is a renowned brand when it comes to online poker. The platform has some of the most well-designed poker rooms with professional croupiers. You get poker rooms for all types of games, with 10 different versions of poker on the list. Some of the popular variants at 888Casino include; Seven-Card Stud, High Low Chicago, Five-Card Draw, and Vegas Strip Poker. Different tables come with varying wagering limits starting from $5 up to $850.
Live slots are a new concept found at casinos in Canada. They combine game shows with online slots for the ultimate excitement. Whilst still new, there are a number of software providers offering them including Evolution Gaming, Playtech, and Pragmatic Play. Popular titles include Sweet Bonanza, Buffalo Blitz, and Crazy Coin Flip.
Try Live Slots at Captain Cooks Casino
Captain Cooks is a great choice for Canadian players looking for exciting live dealer action. The operator uses Evolution Gaming, the first provider to relase these exciting new games. New players receive 100 free spins when they deposit just $5 as well as a welcome package worth up to $450 that can be used to play table games.
Others - Game Shows, Craps, and More
Live casinos don't only give you table games. Players can also find excellent game shows that take on the classic setup in every sense of the word. Games like these bring a fun aspect that lets you chat with players all around the world. Craps is a popular choice as is Dream Catcher, Deal or No Deal, and Monopoly. There are betting limits to suit all budgets and great excitment to be had.
Play Monopoly, Dream Catcher, and more at Yukon Gold
Yukon Gold offers a range of live game shows for Canadian players. Try out a round of Dream Catcher and enjoy huge multipliers that blow up your winnings. You can also take part in Football Studio and Deal or No Deal that offer interactive fun and huge prizes. Play the games with wagers of between $5 and $150. Canadian players will like that Yukon Gold Casino offers some of the best loyalty program rewards.
Top 10 Most Popular Live Games
Below are our Top10Casinos Canada ranked games to play in 2023.
- Lighting Roulette - This is a fast-paced form of roulette provided by Evolution Gaming. The game is playable on wagering limits between $15 and $1,500.
- First Person Craps - Play a form of craps that gives you an immersive first-person experience. Wagering limits for this game from Evolution Gaming range from $5 and $500.
- Eclipse Blackjack - A form of blackjack with all the regular rules but an other-worldly studio played with 6 decks of cards. You can play with wagering limits starting from $50 and $1,500.
- Nexus Roulette Live - Roulette played with a twist. Players have the choice to play more bets than on the usual wheel. The game comes with wagering limits of $40 and $1,000.
- Atlantic City Blackjack - Blackjack played in a studio modeled to Atlantic City Casino with similar rules to the game played in the physical casino. Produced by Playtech, the game is playable with wagering limits of $50 and $2,000.
- Blazing Dragon Tiger - Dragon Tiger with a bonus round that lets you choose between a range of blazing bets for the chance to multiply your winnings. The game is provided by Playtech and includes betting limits that start at $50 and go up to $100.
- Lightning Bacarat - Baccarat where players are made to place bets quickly. Evolution Gaming provides the game with wagering limits between $20 and $500.
- Side Bet City - Play the perfect poker hand with 3, 5 or 7 cards. Win the game with the best ranking on your poker hand. The game is provided by Evolution Gaming and comes with wagering limits of $10 to $300.
- Deal or No Deal - Play the game in the classic form we all enjoy from the TV show. Make bets between $10 and $100 as you choose whether to accept the banker's deal or not.
- Crazy Time - The game uses the dream catcher wheel concept, and players have to pick a number on the wheel. Rounds get even more exciting when you have the chance to increase crazy multipliers on your bets. Make wagers of between $10 and $150.
How Do Live Casino Games Work?
Live casinos have the effect of bringing a verve to your online gaming that you are not likely to find at other sites. Live games are supplied by some of the most reputable software providers out there. Evolution Gaming is one of the most popular providers. The live games are played in specially designed studios around the world. The games are streamed in HD video quality with high-fidelity sound, which gives an immersive experience. Everything happens in real-time. Players make their bets and the hosts do the rest. There is no RNG software involved. Different casinos offer games from providers with different specialties. Our reviews will help you find the best live casino sites for all types of games, from blackjack to roulette, craps, and baccarat.
Exclusive Tables and Native Speaking Tables
Live casinos allow players to choose what language they want to play in. In Canada that can be French or English. Companies such as Playtech and Evolution Gaming offer their live dealer games in different languages. You have tables in English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Hindi, and German.You also get private tables that need you to meet certain requirements before you can join. Amidst the private rooms, you also have private rooms that only cater to high rollers with wagering limits that let you place a single bet of $4,000. Exclusive tables can be reserved for VIP players but don't let that stop you.
Chat Options - Interact with the Dealers and Other Players
One of the aspects of live dealers that players love is the fact that you get to interact with the dealer as well as other players at the table. These interactive features keep you immersed and allow you to form social connections while you play.
Live Dealer Etiquette - What Players Need to Know
When playing at live online casinos you have to adhere to some unspoken rules. Players should maintain cordial interactions with others around the table. You should also adhere to the betting rules and keep your wagers in line with what is expected. While playing, players should also be mindful of their chat habits and avoid spamming the chat. Players are also advised to keep an agreeable avatar that does not offend other players.
Live Dealer Games Versus RNG Games
Live casino games are different from virtual games in the sense that you don't have to worry about random number generators (RNGs). Games with random number generators mimic the dealer when it comes to shuffling and card distribution. With live games you get real croupiers and you can watch everything happening in real time.
Pros and Cons of Live Casinos
Live online casino games are fun to play. There are plenty of options to choose from, and you also have the chance to interact with other players around the table as well as the dealer. While these are fun to play, there are pros and cons that players should be aware of. We have listed these below to help you when deciding whether or not to play at live dealer sites in 2023.
- No clunky random number generators to contend with
- Interact with other players as well as the croupier
- Play high wagering limits meant for high rollers
- Enjoy exceptional video and audio features
- Enjoy the authentic casino experience
- Gaming can be interrupted with a poor connection
- Live games do not contribute much to bonus wagering requirements
- Not all casino bonuses are available on the live section
- Not as many versions to play when compared with RNG games
- Live games come with high wagering limits
Top Mobile Apps and Games
Mobile casinos also comes with live dealer games you can play on the go. Playing on mobile may be available on your smartphone using the no download instant play browser version or you can download mobile apps for iOS and Android mobiles and tablets. Mobile casinos are best played on smartphones with large displays and tablets. This way, the game is optimized for your type of screen. Games like roulette are best played on the larger screen you get on your tablet.
Best Features of Real Money Games
Live dealer casino games offer features you cannot find in virtual games. It is one of the reasons Canadian players enjoy them. There is a wide array of features you can expect to find, like those listed below:
- Choose between male and female dealers
- Place side bets
- Choose your preferred language
- Select between different variants of the games
- Enjoy an immersive experience with high-tech camera angles
Software Providers and Studios
As with regular online games, live dealer games come from different software providers. With the wide selection of companies available, you have different versions of all the best games. Below is a list of the top software providers offering live casino games in 2023:
Evolution Gaming (and NetEnt)
Evolution Gaming is the ultimate leader when it comes to live gaming. They offer over 200 titles for roulette, blackjack, baccarat, poker, slots and game shows. Having acquired NetEnt, the software provider also offers Live Gonzo's Quest and other games from NetEnt.
Playtech is known for its range of branded slots. The game provider also offers a wide range of live games with over 80 titles for tables and game shows. Playtech has managed to get to most of Europe and is now entering markets in Asia and Africa.
Ezugi is an international software provider with access to different parts of the world. With Ezugi, players not only get live tables but also lotteries and game shows. The company offers some 100 titles across all categories.
Known for its range of blackjack games, Visionary iGaming is an established software provider. The company offers over 50 live game options playable at all the top operators using their software. Players will like that games from the software provider come with low wagering limits.
One of the software providers with years of experience in the iGaming industry, Microgaming is known for its slots. Even so, the software provider offers a captivating array of live casino games with over 100 titles to choose from. Play at all the best casinos and enjoy high-quality levels of video and audio.
Fresh Deck Studios
Fresh Deck Studios is a new software provider and is best known for its cryptocurrency options. They currently offer over 30 versions of blackjack, baccarat, craps, roulette, and dragon tiger.
Extreme Live Gaming
The game provider was launched in 2013 and has steadily risen to become one of the leading software providers. You get all the typical table games such as blackjack, roulette, and craps and there are over 40 titles to choose from.
A relatively new game provider with a premier selection of live games. There are over 20 variants to choose from when you play Authentic Gaming titles. The software provider is known for its selection of roulette tables.
Pragmatic Play is a top game provider for the iGaming industry that caters to all types of players. The company is known for its live dealer games, bingo, slots and other game types. With over 30 live titles, Pragmatic Play provides a range of high-performance games in different languages, complete with mobile compatibility.
Best Bonuses and Promotions For Table Games
Live casinos may not have the full range of rewards available, but you are bound to find bonuses you can claim. Bonuses often come with lower wagering requirements and below are some of the most popular bonuses to claim in 2023.
- Free Bets: These come as free chips you can wager on table games like roulette, baccarat, and blackjack. You may get chips to play up to 30 free bets with no a no deposit bonus.
- Deposit Bonus: This is a reward you get if you make a deposit to play live dealer casino games. Make your first deposit and have the casino match it to a certain percentage. The most common deposit bonus is 100% up to $100.
- VIP Programs: Collect comp points and make it up the VIP program to access a whole gamut of perks. Get enough comp points to claim different types of rewards such as free bets, free spins, cashback, and more.
- Other Bonus Offers: There are other special bonus offers and these can be exclusive to certain games such as special live dealer casino bonuses, reload bonuses, cashback offers, as well as in-game bonuses.
Payment Methods for Canada
Live casinos offer a wide range of payment options. Banking options available for Canadian players include card transactions, e-wallets, mobile payments and direct bank transfers.
Credit & Debit Cards - Visa, Mastercard
VISA and Mastercard are the two most used card payments. You get good security with such payments. Processing time is instant for deposits, but players may have to wait for up to 5 days for withdrawals to process.
E-wallets - Instadebit, PayPal, Neteller, Skrill
E-wallets are a popular choice for players wagering online. They offer fast processing and tailored services. PayPal is one of the oldest e-wallets out there although not an option for Canada at present. Skrill and Neteller are two of the most used, thanks to wide acceptance and low processing fees. Canada players have the option of choosing Instadebit for their deposits and withdrawals. E-wallets provide low deposits and high withdrawal limits, which is yet another reason players prefer these payments.
Paysafecard is a payment option that works best for deposits. Make your deposits using the voucher system and start playing as soon as you are done with your transaction. Deposits are instant but unfortunately, this payment method cannot be used for withdrawals.
Interac is a banking option that connects to your Canadian bank account. You can easily make deposits straight from your bank and access your winnings as well. Deposits are instant when you use Interac, and withdrawals may take up to 3 days to process.
How To Choose The Best Live Casino Online
Choosing the best sites to play at doesn't have to be a chore. We rate and review all the best live casinos for 2023. If however you like to do your own research, here are some of the elements we recommend you look for when choosing live casino sites.
- Range of private/exclusive tables
- Game providers available
- Awards the casino has won in its years of operation
- Type of games available
- Betting limits for different tables
- Mobile compatibility
- Bonuses and promotions
- Video and audio quality
What is a live online casino?This is an online casino that lets you play with real dealers rather than RNGs.
How do I play live casino games?Sign up for casinos that offer real dealer games. Visit the game section and choose the titles you want to play.
Can I get a bonus to use at these types of casinos?Yes, the best live casinos offer bonuses for players that want to play at the tables.
How do I know the games aren't rigged?There are no random number generators to shuffle the cards or throw dice. We also only recommend the best live dealer online casinos that are proven fair. The operators have their RNG software tested and audited on a regular basis by independent companies to prove fairness.
Can the dealers see me while I'm playing the games?No, dealers do not have a video feed that shows your face. Dealers refer to players with their monikers.
Are the dealers used real professionals?Yes, all dealers at our recommended top live online casinos are registered professionals that adhere to game rules.
Can I play free live games?No. In order to play you need to place real money wagers. Visionary iGaming is the only software provider that allows players to test their titles using the no download fun play option. You cannot win real money, but it is a good way to see how the games work.
What happens if a table is full for the game I want to play?Players that find tables are full can bet behind players or watch the game.
Can I play with a low budget?Yes, there is a wide variety of tables with different wagering limits.
Do these casinos offer no deposit bonuses?Yes, some of our recommended casinos have no deposit bonuses for new players. It is worth noting that they are hard to come by.