Receive the latest online casino offers from top Canadian casinos. Signup and stay ahead of the game!
How We Rate the Best Live Roulette Sites
All the live roulette casinos we feature on our Top10Casinos.ca site have been put through rigorous testing criteria by our expert team. We only list those that pass our tests and offer what players in 2023 expert to find. We look at a range of elements including licensing, security, banking options specially for Canadians, bonuses and promotions, mobile optimization, variety of games, and more. Below is an overview of some of the important critieria that all online casinos offering live roulette must have.
- Licensing - The casino license is the first thing we check for. We make sure that the operator hold a valid license from a trusted regulatory authority. This ensures fair gaming and trust.
- Safety and Security - Safety and security is important when playing for real money. We check for the latest SSL encryption technology which ensures that all data is encrypted and kept safe from hackers.
- Game Catalog - The best live roulette casino sites will offer a range of exciting titles to keep players entertained. We look at the different variants as well as the betting limits and jackpots available. We also look at the entire library of games to ensure that players have a range of options including the latest slots, blackjack, roulette, and video poker.
- Mobile Compatibility - Mobile compatibility is essential in 2023 and we check for no download instant play platforms as well as iOS and Android apps for smartphone users.
- Banking - Being able to deposit and withdraw your winnings with ease is important. We look at the different payment methods offered as well as ensuring popular Canada processors such as Instadebit and Interac are included. We also make sure you can use CAD as your primary currency.
- User Interface - Our experts analyze how easy it is to navigate the online casino website and find the games you want to play. Being able to find what you want once you land on the homepage is essential.
- Customer Support - Good customer support is one of the hallmarks of a good online casino. We check the support options available and look for 24/7 support via chat, email, and toll-free telephone. We also check the FAQs page and ensure that if help is required, players can receive it in the fastest time possible.
- Bonus Promotions - We look at the bonuses and promotions offered for new players as well as regular bonuses. We assess the bonus terms to ensure they are fair and the wagering requirements. We also look at the ongoing promotions offered as well as the loyalty or VIP program. We want to ensure that all players are rewarded for their deposits each and every time.
- Operator Reputation - We look at the operator and how players rate them. We look at their history, reputation, player feedback, and more.
- Terms and Conditions - Players rarely stop to check the terms and conditions which is why we do it for you. We take the time to read through everything and any red flags are highlighted in our reviews.
Advantages of Playing Live Dealer Roulette
As with all casino games, there are advantages and disadvantages and roulette is no exception. Below you will find the list of advantages you can expect when you play online casino roulette with a live dealer in 2023.
- Play With Real Dealers- Take a break from the virtual tables and RNG software and experience the thrill of Vegas from the comfort of your own home.
- No Fear of Rigged Games - Random number generators (RNGs) are not used so there is no fear of the game being rigged. The professional host spins the wheel and places your bets and you can watch it happening in real time on your screen.
- Enjoying HD Streaming and High-Quality Audio - The best online casino sites offer a high-quality experience akin to the real thing. High-definition video and stunning audio quality is provided and multiple camera angles ensure you don't miss out on any of the action.
- Interact with the Dealer and Other Players - Enjoy interacting and chatting with the host and other players at the table. This keeps the game fun and entertaining and is part of the reason live casino roulette sites provide an authentic experience.
- Play Safely - Live roulette casinos offer one of the safest environments for your online gaming. You get high-quality encryption that ensures no malicious attacks can occur as you play.
- Flexible Wagering Options - There are betting options available for all budget types so whether you are looking for low stakes or high roller games you are sure to find them.
Disadvantages of Live Dealer Roulette
Get to top live roulette casinos online, and you will notice just how captivating they are. There is a great range of games to choose from and many other features. Even so, playing online can come with downsides you should know about before you sign up. Here are some cons of live casino roulette.
- Slow Gameplay - Sometimes players come to online casinos for the fast gameplay that you can only find on the virtual section. Real dealer games are played at a slower pace as you have to wait for the wheel to come to a standstill.
- Tables Take a Smaller Number of Players - The tables run as you would expect in real casinos. This means that they can only take so many players. Most tables will have seats for a maximum of 6 players.
- Fewer Game Providers -There are not as many software providers compared to the number of providers for slots and other types of virtual games. As such, players may have to contend with a smaller variety of game types.
How Does Live Casino Roulette Work?
Players often direct their attention to how well games play but never bother themselves with the workings of the games they play. Software providers that provide live dealer roulette put a lot of work into putting together the games players enjoy. Typically, game providers put up studios at their headquarters. These are made to look just like land-based casinos with the same standard as the best casino floors across the world. Professional hosts are then stationed on booths dressed as professional croupiers. Players, on the other hand, connect to studios through streaming. You communicate with the dealer through the chat feature, where they see player messages and respond to them in real-time. Players can also chat with each other, as the chat feed is an interactive interface that keeps all players at the table connected. Placing bets is done through a selection buttons the dealer sees on their screen. All bets are laid out on the table as made by different players. That the video feed is shown in real time and this keeps the interactive atmosphere seamless.
Live Dealer Casino Software Features
Online casinos offer players a gamut of features that make playing roulette from the comfort of your home enjoyable. Players who enjoy the thrill of the spinning wheel will enjoy the quality gaming they get when they sign up to any of the top live dealer roulette casinos online. Some of the features that make them so captivating have to do with the quality of video and audio you get, as well as the ambiance and the ability to interact and chat with the host and other players:
- Visual Features - The best live roulette online casino sites give you immersive camera angles. This is one of the features that make it so interesting to play online.
- Jackpots - Live casino roulette comes with jackpot rewards that will get you excited about placing your bets. You have high-paying jackpots to try out on different roulette games to grow your bankroll.
- Game Settings - Tinker with game settings to change different features like volume, video quality and bet limits. Live dealer roulette includes settings that give you more control over how you play.
- Chat - Games are interactive thanks to a chat feature that keeps players in contact with each other and the dealer. With the interactive chat feature, players can take part in the game in more ways than just placing their bets.
- Re-Bet Option - You can always change your bet at the end of each round, but you also have the choice to place your bet over and over again. With the re-bet option, you can easily choose to play your bet again easily.
- Betting Chips - Players have betting chips that they use to place bets. You select your betting chips through your interface, and the dealer uses similar value chips to denote your bet on the table.
How to Play Live Casino Roulette Online
To truly enjoy the best live roulette dealers online, you have to know how to play online and how to navigate through menus. While the virtual versions of games like roulette and baccarat are easier to play, live dealer roulette may take some getting used to. With online live dealer roulette, you must find a good online casino before you can play any games:
- Pick a casino and sign in.
- Make your first deposit in real money to claim your bonus.
- Choose the roulette table you would like to play
- Click on the settings button to choose a bet amount. Select your amount of bet so you can start playing. Click on place bet to lock in your wager.
- Use the setting section to change different features about how you play, like video and sound.
Live Roulette Table Limits
Each table you play at comes with wagering limits for the bets you can place. These give players a lot of flexibility since you have tables for casual bettors and high rollers. The betting limits for live dealer roulette range between $5 and $2,500, relatively higher than what you get for poker. Tables designated for high rollers would typically have wagering limits that start at $50 while those for normal players are playable for $5.
Live Roulette Studio Locations
When you get to live dealer casinos, you find sophisticated studios with bright lighting and a professional-looking setup that captivates you right off the bat. Software providers have studios set up at different locations in Europe and the US. Evolution Gaming is one of the software providers to launch a new studio location in Michigan. Pragmatic Play is yet another game provider looking to open a new studio in Bulgaria, adding to its Bucharest studio.
Can you Chat to Live Dealers?
Yes, there are versions of the game that let you chat with the dealer through the chat feature. While the feature is not standard, a selection of live dealer roulette games will let you chat with the dealer.
What are the Table Capacities for Live Roulette?
Entertainment galore awaits when you play roulette online. That's because you get to play on tables with other players from around the world. Most roulette tables have a capacity of up to 8 players. It all depends on what version of the game you play, as each version comes with a varying number of seats. With roulette, players can watch games even when they can't be part of the table.
How Busy are Live Casino Roulette Tables?
Live dealer roulette tables are among the most played games at online casinos just behind blackjack. The tables are usually bustling with activity as new players join tables.
Comparison Between Land, Online, and Live Roulette Games
Roulette is among the tables that are fun to play and blackjack is another. The best CA online casinos offer both virtual and live versions so players get the best of both. Playing online tends to be the preferred choice and the one that offers the most perks. Players receive bonuses and promotions on a regular basis as well as having a lot more variants and betting limits. It also beats going to a land-based casino for convenience and cost. Land based establishments don't offer bonuses and the number of tables can be limited. It also beats virtual tables because there are no random number generators to worry about.
Best Live Casino Online Roulette Games To Play
There is a wide array of roulette games to choose from when you come online. These are often based on the two main versions. Here are some games you should consider playing:
American Roulette is one of the two major versions of the game. The game includes a pocket with the double-zero in addition to the single zero. The wheel is completed by 36 other numbered squares. The double-zero is what sets the game apart. Wagering limits for the game vary between $1 and $5,000 at most casinos.
European Roulette is the other prominent version of the game. This version of the game has a single zero, and this is what distinguishes it from the American version. Betting limits for the game can vary between $1 and $20,000.
Immersive Roulette is a version of the game with lots of camera angles that follow the ball as it spins around the wheel. The game is streamed in HD video quality. You can play Immersive Roulette with wagers starting from $1 and a maximum bet of $10,000.
Considered the original version of the game, French Roulette has maintained its popularity among online players. The game is played with a single zero and a smaller wheel. Players like this version of the game because it includes the full range of bets and game rules. You can play the game with wagering limits of $1 to $2,000.
Double Ball Roulette takes on the normal roulette layout but this time with two balls instead of one. With two balls on the wheel, you have an interesting range of bets and double the chance of winning. Play the game at your favorite live dealer roulette casino site with wagers starting from $1 to $5,000.
Speed Roulette is just like the regular game but sped up. With this version of the game, bets are taken fast, and the balls released quicker. Players looking to try out this version of the game can do so with wagers of $1 and $5,000.
La Partage Roulette
La Partage Roulette is a version of roulette where the la partage rule is applied. With this rule, players lose only half of their bet on even odds. Players thus recoup half of their stake when this happens. The game is playable with wagering limits of $1 to $3,000.
The game gets its name from the type of roulette wheel it uses. Slingshot Roulette is a fully automatic version of the game developed by Evolution Gaming, played without a dealer. It is named so since it uses the Cammegh Slingshot 2 roulette wheel. The game is playable with wagers of between $1 and $5,000.
Dual Play Roulette is a revolutionary way of playing the game developed by Evolution Gaming. With this version of roulette, online players can play on the same table as punters on land-based casinos in an automated version of the game that connects them. Aside from linking online players with punters on brick-and-mortar casinos, the game follows the original roulette rules. You can play the game with wagers of between $1 and $5,000.
The software providers play a big role in how you enjoy real money gaming. Finding a live roulette casino with the right software providers means you'll get the best variants, betting options, and more. There are a number of different software providers that supply games to Canadian online casinos and we have provided a brief overview of each of these in the sections below.
By far the biggest software provider for live casinos, Evolution Gaming is always pushing the envelope and coming up with new types of games. You get 8 different versions of the game when you play at live roulette sites with games from the software provider. The betting limits go up to $10,000.
The second largest provider, Pragmatic Play offers a wide gamut of exciting roulette games with a top-notch studio setup. You get 4 different versions of the game with Pragmatic Play. These have wagering limits of between $1 and $10,000.
With entertaining and well-packaged games, Visionary iGaming provides live dealer solutions for many casinos online. Players get 2 versions of roulette from the game provider with wagering limits that go up to $5,000.
Playtech is a versatile game provider with years of experience in online wagering. You get 7 versions of roulette at Playtech casinos. The wagering limits for Playtech games are quite flexible starting from $1 to $10,000.
Extreme Live Gaming
Extreme Live Gaming is a software provider that rarely gets the credit they deserve for the games they are putting out. The game provider offers 4 types of roulette with wagering limits of up to $5,000.
Ezugi is a game provider established in 2012 that specializes in real dealer games and lotteries. The company provides a decent game environment with studios that are up to standard. You have 3 versions of roulette available to you from Ezugi. These come with wagering limits that go up to $5,000.
Software Providers Compared - Evolution Gaming Vs Playtech
Evolution Gaming is arguably the biggest software provider. The company has been in operation since 2006. As one of the leading software providers for live casino games, Evolution Gaming is known for its smooth streams and wide varieties to choose from. Playtech is a much older software provider with a full range of wagering options, from real dealers to bingo, sports, poker, and virtual sports. With Playtech, players get a seasoned software provider with top-notch blackjack games as well as pokers and other. While Evolution Gaming excels in designing eye-catching studios, Playtech thrives in its wide range of titles available. Each of the two promises a captivating time for players but Evolution wins our comparison as they offer more live roulette versions for players to choose from.
Bonuses to Claim in 2023
Bonus rewards are not only the preserve of slot players. Players who enjoy real dealer games also have bonuses of their own to claim. Here are some of the bonuses for live casino roulette online:
- No Deposit - The no deposit offer is a reward that players get to enjoy while wagering casino games without having to make a deposit. Casinos often give these to new players when they register and they can come in the form of free chips for all games or free spins which can only be used on slots.
- Sign Up - A welcome bonus players get when they register at a new casino. There is a wide gamut of rewards casinos give as part of the welcome bonus but the standard offer is a percentage match that will double or triple your first deposit.
- Cashback - Cashback offers a promise to give back a percentage of your lost bets. A reward like this may give back 5 to 15% every week or month.
Our Featured Live Dealer Roulette Casino Bonus
There are lots of bonuses to choose from online, but some trump others for their features and what you stand to gain. 888 Casino has one such offer for new players. It is a no deposit bonus that gives you $88 to start playing real money games. Read our full review to find out more about this Canadian casino favorite.
Rules, Odds, and Betting
Roulette can be an exciting game once you understand the rules and how the game is played. The odds for different bets and the types of bets you can place are a great place to start if you are interested in learning the game:
- Single/Straight - A bet you make on a single number with the chip placed on the square for the chosen number.
- Square/Corner - A bet placed on four numbers at a corner. The chips for this type of bet are placed at that corner.
- Trio - This is a bet with three numbers that include a zero. The chips for such a bet are placed at the corner shared by the three numbers.
- Double Street/Six Line - A bet placed on six consecutive numbers forming two horizontal lines.
- First Four- Bet placed on the first four numbers these being 0,1,2,3.
- Basket - A bet you place on the first five numbers on a double-zero table, these being 00,0,1,2,3.
- Split - A bet placed on two numbers that are vertically or horizontally adjacent such as 14 and 17 or 8 and 9.
- Street - A bet placed on three consecutive numbers lined up horizontally, such as 7,8,9.
Payment Methods for Live Roulette Online in Canada
Players in Canada have a wide variety of payment options to choose from when playing online. When it comes to banking options, players even get tailored options meant for online payments in Canada. In addition to the convenient banking you get, these payment options are also fast and require a decent minimum deposit:
Credit and Debit Cards - Visa, Mastercard
Credit and debit cards are the oldest and most trusted way to make payments online. With card payments, you get both deposits and withdrawals. Players who use card payments should take note of the long processing time for withdrawals which can be between 3 and 5 days.
E-wallets - Instadebit, Skrill, PayPal
Online casinos have made e-wallets the main payment mode, and for a good reason too. With e-wallets, players get instant deposits and withdrawals. They are also safer and easier to use than most online payment options. InstaDebit is particularly prominent for casinos in Canada. Players like the option since it is tailored for the Canadian market and comes with fast transactions.
Cryptocurrency - Bitcoin for Fast Withdrawals
Crypto-casinos are a relatively new brand of virtual betting sites that let you use Bitcoin to wager online. One of the best things about using Bitcoin is that you get fast payments for deposits and withdrawals. Payments also come with a high level of security that makes it one of the safest choices you can opt for.
Prepaid Cards/Vouchers - Paysafecard
Prepaid vouchers are yet another way to make deposits when you are playing online casinos. Paysafecard is one particular voucher payment you can use on online casinos. You simply buy vouchers from local points of sale and use 16-digit codes to spend the voucher value.
How to Keep Winnings and Enjoy Fast Cashouts
Playing is fun, but it gets even better when you can claim your winnings. There are ways to get your winnings fast. First off, you have to choose the right payment option to make your withdrawals with. Look through the banking options you have and pick one that also gives high withdrawal limits. The best choices tend to be e-wallets as they offer fast withdrawals in up to 24 hours. This is after the casino's pending period. We check the pending period of all the sites we review and try to ensure a short pending period of between 24 and 48 hours. Cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin are another great way to enjoy fast cashouts. You can expect to receive your winnings in as little as an hour once your request has been processed.
Play Real Money Games on Your Mobile
Playing on mobile has been the prominent way to enjoy online gaming of all kinds for the past half-decade. Live dealer roulette sites let you access everything on your smartphone. Players get excellent quality when playing on their smartphones with the full range of features available. The best mobile casinos offering live dealer roulette give you the quality that matches what you get on your PC. You can access everything via your browser using the no download instant play option and some of the top casinos also offer mobile apps for iOS and Android users.
Smartphone or Tablet - Which is Best for?
When it comes to mobile gaming, players have to worry about screen size and whether games are optimized to play on smartphones. With a tablet, you have a much wider display which is always great. This is the recommended way to enjoy roulette on the go. While you get a reasonably high-quality experience on your smartphone, the betting and playing screen can be separated. When you play on your tablet, however, both aspects are shown on the same screen. This is why we recommend using a tablet or large screen mobile if you want to play live casino roulette.
Live Roulette Casinos by Category for Canada
Online casinos come in different flavors. You have a casino for all types of players, from slot lovers to table game enthusiasts and everyone in between. Below you will find our recommended options for every type of player, whether you are looking for low stakes betting, top slots, the best free spins bonuses, or the latest in table game action.
Tips To Consider Before Placing Your Bets
While playing from the comfort of your home is fun, it is even more of a thrill to play and win. There are tips to give you more of an edge and increase you chances of winning. Below you'll find our expert advice on things you should consider before placing your real money bets:
- Playing to a strategy is more likely to work without RNGs (random number generators).
- Choose games with a low house edge.
- The betting limits are higher on live dealer games so make sure to set out your budget accordingly.
- Live dealer games give you more variety for versions and playing styles.
- Live roulette games come in different versions that let you try out new games.
Ready to Start? Check Out Our Live Roulette Sites for 2023
Live dealer roulette sites give a thrill you can only get on this section of the casino. In addition to the fun there is in playing roulette games live, players also get more rewards and higher winnings per bet. You have plenty of sites to choose from when you come to our reviews. Our expert reviewers help you find casinos that match your needs in every sense of the word. Look through our top-ranked casinos and start playing for real money today.
How do I win online casino live roulette?Players win by playing to a strategy that determines how they place their bets.
What online bonuses are there for live roulette?There is a wide selection of bonuses available for players and these include cashback offers, deposit matches and free chips.
Is it safe to play live dealer casino roulette online?Yes. All our recommended sites are licensed and regulated and they use the latest SSL encryption technology to ensure your data is kept safe.
Can I win large jackpots?Yes, there are titles that offer large jackpots and you'll even find some progressive jackpot titles to bet on too.
Can I play roulette for free?No. Unfortunately when it comes to live dealer games, you are required to place real money wagers to be part of the game.There are no fun play or demo versions available.
Are the odds the same as the regular roulette games at online casinos?Yes, both options have the same house edge and odds.
Can I play games on my mobile?Yes, you can. All our featured sites have fully responsive mobile platforms whether in instant play no download or through dedicated apps for iOS and Android users.
Are there any roulette strategies I can apply to increase my odds of winning?Yes, there are strategies to increase your winnings by changing your wager amounts. These have been covered on this page and include systems like The Martingale.
How do I know the games aren't rigged?The games use professional hosts to spin the wheel and there is no RNG software used. This insures that all games are completely random with no way to rig the results.
What is the house edge for roulette?The house edge for double-zero versions is 5.6%, while single-zero versions have a house edge of 2.7%.